Sunday, May 27, 2012

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

I just got back from church, Hardees and Lowe's.  I found some pretty plants at Lowe's for my new planting area around my new tree.  I also got some white petunias for my flower pots. Too hot to plant today though!



Here's a pic of what I got.  The one on the right is a pink lily.  The one beside it with the bluish/purple flowers is one I got at Kroger. The rest are the white petunias and some varigated grasses.  More pictures to come when I get them planted.

I just heard the tape of Jim Nabors on TV singing "Back Home in Indiana". He's getting ready to have heart surgery soon and could not travel from his home in Hawaii to sing his famous song at the Indy 500, so they went to Hawaii to record his voice. 

That means I'm getting ready for 1,100 miles of racing today!  500 in Indy, then 600 for Nascar's Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte.  My picks for Indy are Marco, Dario or Helio.  My fave for the 600 is Dale, Jr.  Hope he can break his streak today!  If he can't win, I'll be pulling for Brad K. or Mark Martin; then, anyone else except Jimmie Johnson! He wins too much!   With temps to be 95+  degrees both at Indy and here, it's a great day to be inside in the A/C and sew!  I got some Fourth of July stuff cut out yesterday, so I'll be working on that.

BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment