Friday, June 29, 2012

HEAT WAVE!!!

Yesterday was the hottest day of my LIFETIME, so far!  The temp hit 106 degrees.  The last time it was this hot on any day of the year was in July, 1954.  Today is close to the same only it is more humid and with a higher  dewpoint.   I mowed the front yard this morning. No weedeating, just mowing. Went out about 8:30 am and finished in about 30 minutes. It was already pretty hot by then. The grass is brown in spots, so probably will not have to mow again until it rains. We are under an excessive heat warning until Sunday and supposed to be triple digits until at least Monday.  The poor A/C unit seems to run all the time, although I raised the thermostat to 82. Most units cannot keep up with this heat. I hear they usually can cool a home between 20 to 25 degrees cooler than outdoor temp.  Good thing I got my new A/C unit a couple of years ago.  Tonight after the sun goes down and it cools down a bit, I will have to water my new tree and other new plantings.  I've even been watering my old trees also as they have been looking a little droopy. 

I'm watching NASCAR practice on SPEED right now. It must be unbelievably hot in the cars today. At least the race is at night, so it won't be quite as hot.  Tonight is the Nationwide race and tomorrow night is the Cup race.  Michael Waltrip will be driving the 55 car in the Cup race with a special paint scheme for UK's national championship team.  A lot of other drivers have special red, white and blue paint jobs for the weekend.

BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment